Our office has been accepting signed and scanned eFile Forms for some time now, but did you know that you can skip the printing step? Simply follow these instructions to insert your digital signature to the .pdf you download from our secure portal.
Add Signature to a PDF
1. Open the PDF file in Adobe Acrobat Reader (click HERE to download)
2. Click on “Fill and Sign” in the Tools Pane on the right side
3. Click “Sign,” then “Add Signature”
4. A pop-up will open that give you the options of “Type” (gives you the ability to type your name in) “Draw” (gives you the ability to draw your signature using your mouse) or “Image” (gives you the ability to use a signature you have already created) – choose which works the best for you. Once you are done, click “Apply.”
5. Drag, resize (if needed) and position the signature on the PDF signature line. You will need to repeat the instructions for a spouse signature.
For devices other than a Windows-based PC, follow these instructions*:
- Mac – Open the PDF in the Preview app then click the Signature icon on the top menu to create/insert a signature.
- Android – Open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader android app, click the Pen icon then select Fill & Sign to add a signature
- iOS – Long press the saved PDF file then select Markup, click the plus icon ⊕ then select Signature to insert a signature
Once you are done signing, you can save the document and upload it back to our secure portal by clicking HERE.
*posted by: https://www.jotform.com/blog/how-to-add-a-signature-to-a-pdf/